Sunday, October 17, 2010

Christi's Life

My name is Christi Tucker. I am 25 and grew up in Oak Ridge, TN. I am the oldest. I have a sister that is about two years younger than me that died when she was 6 months old. I have another sister who is almost 20 and a brother who is 16. My parents got divorced when I was in high school. Like most mothers, mine is simply amazing. My father would have been amazing but he has struggled with a drug and alcohol addiction almost all his life. He is a great person, but the things that he has been involved with have not allowed him to become greater.

I am married to a crazy guy named Alex. I married him because he is crazy. We first met in Rexburg, Idaho when I was a senior in high school (April 2003) and we started dating around March 2006. We got married in Atlanta August 23, 2006. The week before we got married we moved to Flagstaff, AZ so that he could start his masters in Sociology. I finished my bachelors in Chemistry Education with a minor in French Education that fall and in January started student teaching . The week before I was to begin student teaching I found out that I was pregnant. I ended up having Nathan August 23, 2007- our one year anniversary. That morning Alex went to play basketball and he stopped at the store and picked me up some flowers, biscuit and gravy(a very special thing because in the West it is hard for a southern girl to find biscuit and gravy that is actually good), and 10 boxes of tuna helper (they were on sale 10 for $10-I don’t think he realized that he didn’t have to buy 10 to get the deal). I had Nathan au natural at the hospital.

Alex finished all his course work at NAU and we left at the end of August 2008 even though he hadn’t quite finished his thesis, because we were very poor. We moved in with his parents in Clemmons, NC what I thought would be for a week. He finally found a job in Asheville, NC and we moved there February 2009. He got a job at the Oaks at Sweeten Creek as the social service director. Not his dream job, but it worked.

Shortly after we moved to Asheville I got pregnant again and this time I was determined to have this one at home. My due date was January 17, 2010. I ended up having Blake January 30, 2010 in the middle of a HUGE snow storm at home. In fact, the snow storm was so bad that the midwife didn’t make it in time and my mom and Alex delivered Blake.

I love being a mom. I really lucked out because most of my interesting involving being a wife and mother. I love to cook. I am not creative enough to come up with recipes on my own but I can change up recipes I find to my liking. I love learning new things. I enjoy finding ways to save my family money, decorating, building things, sewing, cleaning (yes I really do), organizing, genealogy work, and gardening (even though I don’t have a yard). I hope to learn to quilt (my mother in law bought me a quilting book last month that I am going to start reading soon). I also would love to take some photography and ballet classes one day. Above all of these things though I enjoy being a mom most of all. It is more fulfilling than all of these things combined. None of these things would be worth doing without my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment