Sunday, October 24, 2010

Meet Heather

I will be 28 in a week in a half. I have four sisters and one brother (poor kid) I am the second oldest. I always wanted to be a pastry chef growing up. When I graduated in 2001 from high school I had the opportunity to join the army. They were going to pay for all my school and I would be a cook. I left for basic training on September 14, 2001. This did not make my mom very happy.

I met my husband the summer of 2002 and we were married the end of December. Two weeks after we were married I found out that my unit was deploying to Iraq. Needless to say we got pregnant immediately. Tyler was born in October and we had just moved to Clemson were Thomas stared his to earn his degree (notice I still had not gone to school). I supported the family with babysitting and Thomas would work during the summer to help our savings. After a bad miscarriage we were able to get pregnant with Ainslee. Four months after she was born my unit was getting ready to deploy. I tried to find a way out without having to get pregnant (that is too close together for me). I could not find a way out and Thomas was left to care for the kids. We learned alot that year. I learned how to teach him how to take care of the kids over the phone and he learned how to not stress over everything. I think Thomas turned into a better father that year and I grew alot being able to strengthen spiritually and physically.

When I returned home we moved to a small town named Springfield, GA. We loved it there and thought we were done moving. Little did we know he would lose his job while I was really pregnant with our third baby Connor. We found a temporary job in North Augusta, SC for 6 months doing landscaping for the church. We knew it was not going to be permanent. When he found the job in Asheville we were so excited. We love the mountains and always wanted to live here.

Now I am done with the military and looking to FINALLY start school with a degree in nursing. I am grateful to be a mom to my three sweet kids. They are my life and I cannot imagine life without them in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment