Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Meet Amelia

I am a mother of two boys with another on the way. I grew up in a small town in the west. I am the second youngest in a family of four children. My parents divorced when I was three years old and consequently I learned at a very young age to fend for myself as I was the only girl. My mom worked very hard to support us and I know it is because of her dedication and prayers that I am who I am today. We did however spend time with my father because my mom felt it was important that we have a relationship with him and I believe he tried the best he knew how to be a good dad. I learned a lot from him, among which was a love of hard work and the outdoors.

As long as I can remember I have had jobs to do, whether it was taking care of a wide variety of pets and helping with the house and yard work, to a paper route, telecommunications, fast food, production, house cleaning and mail carrier to name a few. I love nature and would often drive up in the mountains in my spare time and take pictures and hike.

In May of 2001, when I was 19, I met my wonderful husband Andy and we were married six months later. Soon after our marriage he started his long educational journey in the medical field while working full-time. In 2004 we decided to have our first child who we named Drew. We were so excited and he brought so much joy to our lives. I quit my job as a mail carrier to stay home with him because I was determined to give my kids what I wasn't able to have growing up. Two years later we had Nicholas and life was good. We felt so blessed to have two wonderful boys.

In December of 2006 Andy finished his Associates in Nursing and two years later his Bachelor's in Nursing. The day after Christmas in 2008 we loaded up the kids and what was left of our belongings, said goodbye to our families and headed East to Asheville, North Carolina where Andy would start his Master's in Nurse Anesthesia. We arrived at our new place on New Year's Eve. Little did we know how hard this program would be, but with only six months left we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Out of all the jobs I have had I would have to say that I love being a mother most of all. It is by far the hardest but most rewarding thing I have ever done and I am excited to be able to have another little boy in December. I am grateful for my amazing husband. I wouldn't be able to do what I do without his love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment